Photo by Olena Sergienko
Pancakes for dinner?!
Heck yes! Today is Pancake day, traditionally it’s feast day before lent because you fast for the 40 days lending up to Easter.
The kids are so excited to have breakfast for dinner tonight.
We make this recipe weekly and Glen is the best pancake chef.
My mother-in-law shared this recipe with us and it’s one of our favourites.
I suggest you do not over mix if you want your pancakes to be light and fluffy.
Try it out and let me know what you think!
Shirley’s Pancake Recipe
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 beaten egg
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 1/2 c of milk
- Preheat your grill to 380 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix your dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk your egg, oil. Gradual add the milk.
- Pour your egg, milk mixture to your dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter on to non stick grill and flip once bubbles form and it’s golden brown.
- Serve warm with syrup.