Our family usually alternates spending Christmas with my family Vancouver or with Glen’s family in Trail. I can remember the first time I was introduced to Shirley’s famous nuts and bolts. They were so delicious! She would store them in large cookie tins for us to grab a scoop out of when we were watching movies or just hanging out. This year, I’m making all of our favourites as we will be home just the 4 of us this year. Be warned, once you get a bowl, you won’t be able to stop! Always read the label of your ingredients before baking as sometimes the ingredients may change.
Preheat oven to 275
- 1.5-2 cups of melted margarine
- 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Club House celery salt
- 1 tbsp Club House garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Club House onion powder
- 8 cups (1 box ) Rice Chex
- 8 cups ( 1 box) Crispex
- 8 cups ( 1 box) Sheddies
- 8 cups ( 1 box) Cheerios
- 1 box Gold Fish crackers
- 1 box Cheezits crackers
- 1 bag of pretzel sticks
- 2 cups peanuts ** omit if you have an allergy*
- In a liquid measuring cup, melt margarine in the microwave.
- Add seasonings and mix together.
- In two large roasting pans, divide the cereal, crackers and pretzels evenly between the two. Add your melted margarine mix evenly over the dry mix and toss gently to ensure all the dry ingredients are covered with your liquid.
- Bake them for 75 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes so they don’t burn.
- Once cool, store in an airtight container for 2 weeks.