This recipe takes me back! I remember being a little kid, going to a Christmas party with my mom and there would be so much yummy food. Mulled wine on the stove, apple cider for the kids. Our friend Janet’s mom used to make these jelly balls all the time. She was the sweetest lady. I emailed Janet 4 years ago for this recipe from the Best of Bridge and it is now one of our staple dishes. What I love about it is there are only a few ingredients. I have added the brands that we use that we have contacted for allergy info. As always, please read the label before using as they have have changed.
Yield : 50 mini meatballs
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 c fine breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 c finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 12 oz bottle of Heinz chili sauce
- 10oz jar of Smuckers grape jelly
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Kikkoman light soy sauce
- Mix ground beef with egg, parsley, breadcrumbs, onion, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Form into small 1 inch balls. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, whisk chili sauce, jelly, lemon juice, brown sugar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and gently add your meatballs.
- Simmer in the sauce for 30 mins. Serve immediately.